WHO WE ARE
CEO / Founder
Stelios Arhondakis has a Biology degree (laurea; Master Equivalent) from the University of Bari (Italy). He obtained his PhD in Human Genetics from the Université Paris Diderot-Paris VII (France), with très honorable avec felicitations du jury (Summa Cum Laude).
His research interests are in the field of genomics and transciptomics. He has been involved in projects from several research fields, evolutionary and structural genomics to cancer (e.g., circulating tumor cells) and plants research (e.g., salinity effects, fruit development). He has several publications in international peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, counting more than 120 citations.
Scientific Advisory Team
- PhD from the University of Sussex-United Kingdom, in Mathematical Biology.
- M.Sc. in Theoritical Informatics and Systems and Control Theory from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece).
- B.Sc degree in Mathematics from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The main research interests lie in between the applied mathematics and their applications to biological systems e.g., phenotypic & morphological analysis.
Solon P Pissis
- Principal Investigator at the Life Sciences and Health research group; Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI)
- Ph.D in Computing from King’s College London (UK).
- M.Sc in High-Performance Computing, from the University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Diploma in Informatics & Telecommunications, from the University of Athens (Greece) .
His research area is algorithms and data structures on sequences and trees e.g., pattern matching; indexing; comparison; and finding regularities. Applications thereof include bioinformatics, information retrieval, text mining, and pattern recognition. He has several publications in international peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, and conference papers.
Athanasia M Dourou
- PhD from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (IT), Dept. of Life Sciences; Research subject: “Productive activity in olive (Olea europaea) trees; a comparative and integrated approach”
- M.Sc. from MAICh (GR), Horticultural Genetics and Biotechnology laboratory; Research subject: “Characterisation of the putative prolyl-4-hydroxylase-3 gene in Arabidopsis thaliana in anoxia”
- Master Equivalent from the Agricultural University of Athens (GR), Faculty of Biotechnology; Research Subject: “In vitro toxicology assays in mammalian cancer cells – Bioelectric recognition assay (BERA)”
Athanasia has long experience in Plant Molecular Biology techniques and Biotechnology, as well in Analytical Chemistry technologies.
Business Management Advisory Team
Theodore N. Sotiriou
- MSc Management Information Systems, LSE
- BSc Computer Science, AUEB
- BSc Business Administration, ACG
- LLM, Queen Mary University of London
- LLB, University of Athens
- JP Morgan Markets & Investor Services Sales Analyst (Present)
- Managing Partner (Co-founder) of Avrio Capital